1. You must be of legal age to drive and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional Category B driving licence. If an older paper licence is held, then you must also produce a valid passport as photographic identification.
For Motorway, Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced with identification as above.
You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet). If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
2. You must notify Drive with Nik of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example if your provisional licence has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
3. If you wish to cancel or reschedule a lesson, a minimum of 48 hours notice must be given. Failure to give 48 hours notice will result result in the lesson(s) having to be paid for. Lessons can be cancelled/rescheduled online by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by Drive with Nik.
4. If you have taken lesson(s) at the time of cancellation you will not be eligible for a refund on any lessons taken. Block booking discounts are based on taking the complete block of lessons. If for any reason you wish to cancel your lessons after you have taken any of the blocks, then each lesson taken within that block will be charged at the standard rate for one 2 hour lesson – not the discounted rate. Unused block booking payments are not refundable after 3 months of purchase.
5. If your instructor turns up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show your instructor will wait 10 minutes if there is no contact made between you. After 10 minutes they will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson.
6. Drive with Nik will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by Drive with Nik, no fee will be charged.
7. Lesson(s) must be paid for at the time of booking or the lesson(s) will be cancelled without notice.
8. Block bookings can only be used for 2 hour lessons.
9. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, Drive with Nik will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may effect your driving should be declared to the instructor and to the DVLA medical board.
10. Should you fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and are likely to be a danger to other road users, or are in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, Drive with Nik has a responsibility to the DVSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users and is a precautionary safety measure. Driving Standards Agency guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience. Drive with Nik reserves the absolute right to refuse the use of the vehicle for the purposes of taking any type of test or assessment if it is likely to jeopardise the good name of either party.
11. Drive with Nik takes no responsibility for tests cancelled by the DVSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DVSA. The instructor cannot be responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test. Your instructor will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle.
12. Driving tests take priority over lessons; therefore, pre-booked lessons will have to be cancelled or postponed if Drive with Nik receives any notice of a driving test appointment.
13. Drive with Nik, with your consent and following the General Data Protection Regulations 25th May 2018, will need to hold certain information about you i.e. name, address, contact and licence details. This information will only be used to maintain your driving record and to contact you. Drive with Nik may also ask to use your image for marketing purposes after test completion i.e. website, Facebook or Google+. For this to happen you need to grant consent. This consent can be withdrawn by yourselves at any time.
14. Acceptance of these terms and conditions shows understanding, agreement, and mitigates Drive with Nik of any additional responsibility caused by COVID-19 as long best practice was followed. This does not affect your statutory rights.
15. The fundamental aim of all interactions between the client/pupil and Instructor is to ensure safety of both individuals and to make the risks involved as low as reasonably possible. It remains the sole responsibility of the client/pupil to raise any concerns, in advance of a lesson or booking.
16. Due to the risks associated with COVID-19 and the requirements of the Driver Training environment, Drive with Nik cannot be held responsible for the health of the client/pupil as long as reasonable measures are taken. To do this, Drive with Nik will be following best practice guides such as: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/ Specifically: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/vehicles
17. Because of the already risk focussed environment, much of the safety assessments are already in place and as the COVID-19 situation develops we will be operating a rolling risk assessment. The client/pupil will be informed of any major changes in advance of their booked lesson.
18. Due to the increased use of chemicals being used to ensure a clean working environment, please consider any additional health risks. If you need an inhaler, epipen or similar please inform your instructor and ensure you have it in an accessible place.
19. If requested by the pupil, a protective visor will be worn by your instructor. If you have any concerns, please raise them with Drive with Nik directly – we are all trying to keep each other safe.
20. You will not be required to wear a face mask or protective visor but you are expected to take suitable steps to ensure your own safety. These steps include washing/sanitising hands before entering the vehicle and advanced warning of any symptoms.
21. Please discuss any religious, cultural or other restrictions with Drive with Nik in advance of the lesson. This may include, but is not limited to, sanitiser or cleaning products which may contain alcohol.
22. If COVID-19 symptoms occur (as outlined on the NHS website) you must contact Drive with Nik immediately. In the case of COVID-19 there will be no cancellation charge and a 14 day isolation period starting from that date in which lessons will not be taken.
23. If you receive contact from Track and Trace, you must notify Drive with Nik immediately.