Terms and Conditions
1. You must be of legal age to drive and produce a valid UK/Northern Ireland provisional Category B driving licence. If an older paper licence is held, then you must also produce a valid passport as photographic identification.
For Motorway, Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a full valid licence must be produced with identification as above.
You must meet the minimum eye test requirements, which means you must be able to read a standard UK approved number plate at a minimum distance of 20.5 metres (67 feet). If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses in order to meet this requirement then you must wear them whenever you drive.
2. You must notify Drive with Nik of any change of your ability or entitlement to have driving tuition, for example if your provisional licence has been revoked or for medical reasons such as epilepsy.
3. If you wish to cancel a lesson, a minimum of 48 hours notice must be given. Failure to give 48 hours notice will result result in the lesson(s) having to be paid for. Lessons can be cancelled by telephone or text message but must be acknowledged by Drive with Nik.
4. If you have taken lesson(s) at the time of cancellation you will not be eligible for a refund on any lessons taken. Block booking discounts are based on taking the complete block of lessons. If for any reason you wish to cancel your lessons after you have taken any of the blocks, then each lesson taken within that block will be charged at the standard rate for one 2 hour lesson – not the discounted rate. Unused block booking payments are not refundable after 3 months of purchase.
5. If your instructor turns up on time at the pre-arranged pick up point and you do not show your instructor will wait 10 minutes if there is no contact made between you. After 10 minutes they will leave and you will have to pay for the lesson.
6. Drive with Nik will endeavour to arrive on time however, due to unforeseen circumstances such as breakdown, accidents, traffic hold ups etc, lesson times may need to change or even be cancelled. If cancelled by Drive with Nik, no fee will be charged.
7. Lesson(s) must be paid for at the time of booking or the lesson(s) will be cancelled without notice.
8. Block bookings can only be used for 2 hour lessons.
9. You must not be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse, Drive with Nik will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or driving test until you are in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may effect your driving should be declared to the instructor and to the DVLA medical board.
10. Should you fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and are likely to be a danger to other road users, or are in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse as described above, Drive with Nik has a responsibility to the DSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the driving test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users and is a precautionary safety measure. Driving Standards Agency guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience. Drive with Nik reserves the absolute right to refuse the use of the vehicle for the purposes of taking any type of test or assessment if it is likely to jeopardise the good name of either party.
11. Drive with Nik takes no responsibility for tests cancelled by the DSA for whatever reason. Lessons will have to be paid for but can be claimed back from the DSA. The instructor cannot be responsible if you fail because of the eyesight test. Your instructor will be responsible if the test is cancelled due to the condition of the tuition vehicle.
12.Driving tests take priority over lessons; therefore, pre-booked lessons will have to be cancelled or postponed if Drive with Nik receives any notice of a driving test appointment.